Surviving a construction injury is always difficult. First, there is the process of medical treatment and recovery. Then, you must face a complex legal system to obtain compensation. In this confusing time, you may have some important questions about construction injuries. The Epstein Law Firm, P.A., can provide you with answers.

Schedule Your Consultation Today

If you were injured in a construction accident, take action now to obtain the compensation you deserve. Call the Rochelle Park office of The Epstein Law Firm, P.A., at 201-231-7847 to schedule your consultation. You can also reach our law firm online. In many cases, we do not charge any fees unless we obtain a settlement or judgment for you.

Q. What are the most common construction site injuries?

Construction accidents happen all too frequently in New Jersey and New York. Some of the most common injuries on construction sites involve:

  • Injuries from scaffolding falls
  • Head injuries from falling objects
  • Neck and back injuries from heavy lifting
  • Injuries from exposure to toxic substances
  • Repetitive stress injuries
  • Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall injuries

Q. What should I do if I am injured in a construction accident?

The first step is to seek medical attention immediately. Then, document the scene of the accident, including taking photographs of the site where you were injured. If your accident occurs at work, tell your supervisor about the incident. Do not speak to any insurance companies — first, speak to a personal injury attorney.

Q. How can I get compensation for my damages?

After a construction injury, you may be entitled to compensation for damages like:

  • Medical treatment
  • Hospital bills
  • Lost wages
  • Emotional suffering
  • Temporary or permanent disability

You may have to file an insurance claim, a workers’ compensation claim or a civil lawsuit to obtain full monetary compensation.

Q. Why should I hire an attorney?

The process of obtaining compensation is long and complicated. Attorneys understand the legal system and can help you navigate through it. In addition, a lawyer can uphold your rights and fight for maximum monetary compensation.

Q. Do I have a workplace injury claim if I'm an independent contractor?