Clifton Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Trusted Clifton Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Defending the Rights of Injured Persons in Passaic County and Throughout New Jersey
You were going about your business when suddenly you trip or slip and fall. Slip and fall accidents can occur at any time and anywhere. Property owners and managers are required to provide a reasonably safe environment on their property. If you have suffered an injury as a result of dangerous conditions on someone’s property, you may be able to recover financial compensation for your injuries. It is important to speak to an experienced Clifton slip and fall accident lawyer to determine the best approach to take in pursuing compensation for your injuries.
We at Epstein Law Firm, P.A. provide free consultation for victims of slip and fall accidents. We are committed to providing our clients with the best in legal representation. With over 120 years of combined experience and millions of dollars recovered on behalf of injured clients, you can trust us to get the best outcome for your case.
Involved In A Slip & Fall Accident And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.
Contact us now to schedule a consultation with an attorney from our law firm.
What To Do After A Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents are unexpected. These accidents can be devastating. Victims of slip and fall accidents are often in shock after the accident. However, the steps you take after the accident will have a big impact on your claim for compensation. Here are some important steps to take after a slip and fall accident.
- If you are seriously injured, contact emergency services. Ensure that you get the medical attention you need quickly to avoid complications.
- Inform the management or other persons in authority about the accident. This could be a store manager, a guard, or even the police.
- If you are able to, fill out an accident report. This report will be a crucial piece of evidence when seeking compensation for your injuries. Be sure to request a copy of the report.
- Document the scene of the accident. Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident. You should also take photos and videos of your injuries.
- Take contact information of witnesses at the scene of the accident. You may also take video recordings of their testimonies.
- Check to see if there are surveillance cameras.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible after the accident. This is important even if you do not think your injuries are serious. Some injuries are not obvious until several days or even weeks after the accident. A medical examination will reveal these injuries and ensure you get the medical treatment you need.
- Get in touch with an experienced Clifton slip and fall accident lawyer. An experienced attorney will evaluate your case, gather evidence to support your claim, and develop an effective strategy to pursue compensation. They will represent you in negotiations with the insurance company and fight to recover full and fair compensation.
At the Epstein Law Firm, P.A. we provide high-quality legal representation for injured persons. We will work tirelessly to recover maximum compensation on your behalf. You can rely on us for the best outcome in your case. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an attorney from our law firm.
Reach Out to the Epstein Law Firm Today and Schedule Free Consultation with an Experienced Clifton Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, get in touch with the Epstein Law Firm, P.A. Schedule an appointment for a free case evaluation by an experienced Clifton slip and fall accident lawyer. Our attorneys will help you determine whether you have a legitimate claim for compensation. We will help you understand your rights and options. Our case evaluation is a great opportunity to have your questions answered. Contact us now and schedule your free case evaluation and determine what your next step ought to be.
Get Advice From An Experienced Clifton Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 201-231-7847 To Receive Your Free Case Evaluation.
About Clifton, New Jersey
Clifton is a town located in Passaic County, New Jersey. This town offers residents a great blend of urban and suburban living. Many people relocate to Clifton in order to take advantage of job opportunities in New York. The town is just 15 miles away from Manhattan and has a well-established public transport system. Commuting to Manhattan is easy and you can return to the quiet and peaceful suburb after a long and busy day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Slip and Fall Accidents in Clifton, New Jersey
It is not uncommon for defendants in slip and fall accidents to try and shift the blame for the accident by claiming that the injured person was partly at fault for the accident. An experienced Clifton slip and fall accident lawyer will help you gather evidence and build a strong case to prove that the defendant’s negligence was the reason the accident occurred.
If however, you are found to be partially liable for the accident, you may still recover some compensation. New Jersey applies the comparative negligence law. You can recover compensation for your injuries as long as you were not more than 50 percent responsible for the accident. Your compensation, however, will be reduced in proportion to your perceived contribution to the accident. For example, if you were 10 percent responsible for the accident, you will only receive 90 percent of the compensation you were awarded.
Yes. You can pursue compensation for injuries that resulted from a slip and fall accident that occurred on government property. However, tort claims against government agencies can be complicated. They are not handled like other personal injury claims. For example, you will need to file a notice of your claim with the concerned agency within 90 days after the accident occurred. It is therefore important to engage an experienced slip and fall accident lawyer as early as possible after your accident. Reach out to The Epstein Law Firm, P.A. to speak with an attorney from our law firm and get the claims process started.